Saturday, July 23, 2011
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
All right, for those keeping score, it's Week 29, and this is Wednesday #28 of 2011. The last time I did a WIW, it was #15. Guess I've been a little off track lately. Epic failure on my part.
Half the year is gone. I'm looking around, trying to find it, but it's just not there. What the hell did I do with it?
How have I failed? Let me count the ways...
Stop Eating Crap? I think we all know that's a big, fat nope. Let's move along, all right?
Start Moving? Again, nothing to see here.
Blogging? Uh, yeah. Wish I had better news.
What Did Work? Standing in the middle of my brain, it doesn't feel like much. I've felt lost lately, and very much out of sorts because of it. Spunky the Muse has gifted me with some ideas, but he floats in, knocks up a plot bunny, then leaves like the deadbeat muse he is.
Taking a step back, what did I accomplish?
- I finished a story for charity. That one has sparked an idea for a sci-fi cyborg story which may turn into my first novel.
- I co-wrote one of the Hot July Days stories for the Goodreads M/M Romance Group with Lissa Kasey.
- Bennie's Wish, my No Pants Friday story, is finished, too. It's a super fluffy, lightweight little novella. I'll submit it by the end of July.
- Crazy Wind, the short novella featuring my cock-blocking sheriff, has a tentative release date of August 10. Edits are complete, and I've been through the galley proof. I'll share cover art as soon as I am able.
- Snakeskin Boots has entered the editing phase. I'm really looking forward to bringing my were-boa out into the world.
- My website, http://xaraxanakas.com, is up and running. Go, poke around in there. Let me know what you think. There's a feedback button on every page, so just click on me.
I guess I've been better than I thought.
What's Next? Stop being so damn lazy. Get off my ass, get my brain in gear, and get things going.
I've been making some progress on my Spider Monkey story. The current plan is to finish him by the end of this month. Can I do it? Anybody wanna lay odds?
After that? He'll need some companions, so I will focus on that pesky were-chicken and the tattooed biker librarian bobcat that's been marking some turf. Really, it's not a silly as it sounds. And a were-bunny popped up to say howdy.
Then there's Stew. He works at a big-box home improvement store, and he's going to be a lot of fun to write, once Spunky gives me an actual plot to go along with his personality. There's also a yuppie-hunting rocker in the mix, and a Car!Porn idea I really hope I am capable of doing justice to. There might some follow-ups to a couple of co-authored shorts in the pipeline, as well. You never know.
In October, I'll be attending the GayRomLit Retreat in New Orleans, LA. I'll see a lot of you there. You'll be able to find me - I'll be hiding in a corner. I'll attempt to come out of my shell, but I am painfully shy. Is there anything you want to see from me there? Let me know. I'll see what I can do.
Seems like enough to keep me busy, yeah? Now, if only the shiny would dim a bit so I could focus...