Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Weigh-in Wednesday #14

Jeepers! Over a quarter of the year is gone already? What have I done with it?

Stop Eating Crap? Still too lazy/bored/set in my ways to stop eating crap. And I feel like crap for it. You'd think I'd know better, huh?

Start Moving?  Started walking on the treadmill, and then stopped again. I did pay for another year at the gym. Does that count?

Blogging? I've been in a 'radio quiet' mode lately. Current events have turned my empathy meter up to 11, and I haven't had a lot to really say, so I haven't been blogging much. I've had my moments on twitter, though.

What Did Work?   I resubmitted Crazy Wind, the novella featuring a certain cock-blocking sheriff, and I had my first experience with a Cover Spec Sheet. We'll see what they come up with. Since it's Dreamspinner, I am sure it will not make the Hall of Shame. 
Snakeskin Boots, my wereboa story, was finally accepted. Waiting turned me into a manic depressive ball of nerves. It looks like that one will have a Sept/Oct release, and it's a long novella/short novel length. I just need to remember to sign and return the contract. I have a clear idea of what I think the cover should be for this one, so I won't have any trouble filling out the spec sheet on this one. Maybe I should go ahead and get that started....
What's Next?  Blurbs. Why do we have to write blurbs? I'm thinking I should get ahead of the curve on the these two stories. They're going to come asking for them, so I might as well get them ready.

I've given my spider monkey his new friend. He's really cute, and Aaron is going to have a lot of fun with him, I think. Not that much fun, though. Gotta save something for his HEA.

Another plot bunny hopped by, so I'm also working on a holiday story. What holiday, you ask? Well, No Pants Friday, of course. Doesn't everybody celebrate it?

~xxx~

1 comment:

  1. Your spider monkey?

    In my world, paying for the gym... counts. It's all in how you look at these things. ;)

    Congrats on the writing stuff. Sounds like that is moving and shaking. Tis awesome.

    ReplyDelete