Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year - Welcome to 2011

Well, I didn't wake up a millionaire this morning. Looks like those Lotto guys drew the wrong numbers. Again. They always do that to me.

I've resisted blogging for a long time because I simply don't think I'm that interesting. But, I've started writing some, and I've decided that this is the year. The year I will be published.  Of course, if I had stuck with my original plans, I would have been published before the turn of this century. But I got lazy, and I just didn't feel all that inspired, and here it is, almost 12 years past my original life goal. That's changed over the last six months or so. I've started writing m/m romances. For those of you who don't know that means male/male love stories. Usually including graphically detailed sex acts between two (or more) men, some even involving BDSM. If that's not your thing, you are excused. 

So, working toward that goal, I've got one story out for consideration. It's a short story about a cowboy who finds love with a geek. I'll let you know if it gets picked up. If it doesn't, I may serialize it on this site.

In addition to that I'm almost finished with my first novel. It's a shapeshifter story between a wereboa and a werewolf. I've written the climax (the book's climax, you pervs! the characters have climaxed already. several times)  It will published this year, if I have to do it myself. One way or another, it will be out. I have ideas for five more books focusing on different characters. I've written half of a book about a were-spider monkey. There's also a scorpion, bobcat, chicken, and lemming bouncing around in my brain. My own little Were Menagerie.

My other goal this year is to get fit. Again. I'm not going to say "lose weight" 'cause, really? That's too easy. I can lose 5 pounds this year, and I've met the goal. To hold myself accountable, I'll do "Weigh-in Wednesdays". I probably won't put actual weights there, but I will update how I did the previous week. If I've been a lazy bum, I'll say it. And you can feel free to call me on it.

So, how else will I waste your time? How does "Geek Friday" sound? I've got an idea for a group of geeks finding love. I'll probably do a serialized story, posting on Fridays. You will probably find some flash fiction, and maybe some fanfics. Heck, maybe even flash fanfic. I'll do my best not to turn this into a bitch session. Traffic sucks, and there's way too many idiots out there. We all know it. No reason for me to whine about it to you all the time. There's just too much stupid going around everywhere. You don't need me to point it out to you. Maybe we can talk movies or books, too.

So, hi! I'm Xara X. Xanakas, and I'm glad to meet you.

~xxx~

No comments:

Post a Comment