Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Process

 Writing the story was the easy part. 

Submitting it to a publisher was terrifying and nerve-wracking. Getting the selection letter was thrilling. Accepting the contract was gratifying. 

But the most stressful part of the process of getting my first story published happened this weekend. 

I had to write a blurb about my least favorite subject - myself. You would think it's easy to write a hundred words about yourself, but creating an author bio was tough. Especially for an introvert like me. 

I also got the edited version of it back. I've already reviewed (and reviewed it, and reviewed it, and reviewed, and did it again......) and returned it, so we're one step closer. It really wasn't that painful. Not as painful as I expected it to be, anyway. A few commas here and there, some formatting issues, but it didn't need as much revising as I was afraid it would.  Now, more waiting.

In the meantime, I give you my Connie.

~xxx~

No comments:

Post a Comment